Wednesday 17 December 2008

Pyjama Wonderland

I seem to have lost the ability to dress myself. Obviously not in the most basic sense of putting clothes on my body and covering myself, more in the sense of doing it in a stylish way and putting together an outfit that actually looks good and works. Between the misery of the cold, dark mornings, the stressfulness of work and the urge to hibernate I just don't have the energy to do anything other then sleep. As soon as I get in from work I'm straight out of my clothes and into my pyjamas and if I had the choice I reckon I would stay in them all the time. Unfortunately I don't have this choice as I have to go to work and they have rules about what I can wear, and my pyjamas do no count as a choice. When it's cold all you want to do is be as warm as possible, when you're sat at a desk all day all you want is to be as comfortable as possible. Warm and comfy does not equal stylish, or at least I can't seem to make it add up. I either end up shivering in dresses and tights or looking slightly odd in far too many layers of knitwear. I don't seem to have the energy for high heels and seem to alternate between two pairs of shoes, a pair of biker boots and a pair of trainers that I swap out for ballet pumps once inside. Plus why do all the stylish shoes this season seem to come without toes?
What I need is some super stylish pyjamas, maybe something that resembles a Le smoking tux, then I could just wear it all the time. I may need more then one set though.

No comments: