Wednesday 12 November 2008

Westside to Westfield

Given my experiences of shopping as described in the previous post it would seem weird that so soon after that wild, wet and windy day on Oxford Street I would be back to battling with any kind of retail experience. However with my mum still visiting it seemed like a good idea last Monday to check out the new Westfield centre in Shepherd's Bush. Given that it was a Monday I figured it wouldn't be as busy as it would have been that Saturday and given that it was all indoors I figured we would be safe from the elements. I was right on both accounts. It's an absolute giant of a place and at first I thought I would never find my way around never mind back out again but with the aid of one of there maps I was soon sure of where I was and where I wanted to go. Its well laid out with the four large department stores each having a corner. The thing about it that is so great is that everything is there. In central London you would find yourself having to go from one end of Oxford Street to the other to get to the shops you wanted to go to. Westfield makes it all a little more pleasurable. One thing that was a little disappointing was that the majority of the designer stores hadn't opened yet, although they all seem to be moving in before Christmas. Those are the stores that will lift Westfield above the other big shopping centres, like Bluewater, and give it something worth going for, even if it's just to leave dirty hand prints on the windows of Prada.
I plan to return there soon to do my Christmas shopping, safe and warm and dry and with a Yo Sushi to reward myself at after I'm done.

No comments: